FAQ - CivilWe Are Always Available to Answer Your Questions
- What services does your agency provide to plaintiff personal injury attorneys?
- See “Civil Attorney Investigation Services“
- What experience does your agency have with civil cases?
- Our co-founder, Wendy Murnan, is a Certified Paralegal and was employed many years in a prominent civil litigation firm. Our agency has conducted hundreds of interviews in auto liability, slip and fall, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and negligent security cases. We have assisted counsel in commercial litigation cases and located witnesses locally and in other states. We routinely attend seminars and conferences to expand our knowledge base in civil litigation to better assist our clients.
- How does your agency differ from other investigators?
- Rather than a single investigator trying to do everything, from conducting interviews to locating records to preparing reports, Complete Legal Investigations, Inc. utilizes a team approach. Our field investigators conduct interviews, our researchers obtain documents and records, and our transcriber prepare reports. This gives us the ability to quickly complete assignments and provide our clients with thorough and relevant results. Handling a larger volume of cases provides our agency with economies of scale not available to sole operatives and allows us to pass on the cost savings to our clients.
- What is a “Certified Legal Assistant or Certified Paralegal”? (CLA® or CP® )
- Awarded by the National Association of Legal Assistants, the CLA® or CP® designation is the premiere certification for paralegals. This designation is recognized by law professionals throughout the United States, along with the American Bar Association, as a designation of high achievement and professionalism. Paralegals seeking the CLA® or CP® designation must successfully complete a rigorous two-day examination, which contains law-related topics, along with grammar, legal terminology, and ethics.
See www.nala.org. CLA® and CP® are registered service marks of the National Association of Legal Assistants. Its use is permitted only by those who have met and maintained national certification standards.
- How much do you charge?
- We charge an hourly rate for our services, plus whatever costs may be incurred during the investigation, including mileage, photocopies, or documentary evidence from other sources. Sometimes it may be necessary to bring in another investigator or agency to assist in the case or obtain information from outside our service area. On those occasions, we coordinate with the other agency and our clients to complete the assignment.